Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is it customary for Mongolian children to live with their grandparents for the first year of their life


Is it customary for Mongolian children to live with their grandparents for the first year of their life?
I met a woman who lives in America, but after all her children were born she sent them to live with their grandparents in Mongolia until they they turned a year old. I tried researching this, but couldn't find anything to either confirm whether or not this is a Mongolian tradition or just something this specific family did. Does anyone know?
Other - Cultures & Groups - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No. I guess she just wants them to learn about the culture and develop some love or something like that. If I have kids definatley going to send them back to their country for a couple of years to learn. But not right after birth because I can take care ; she probably cant take care of them. I'm not Monoglian but I know allot about them. J : memories .. duhh. I still remember Bangla letters which I learned when I was 2 while living in Bangladesh.
2 :
http://wvasiapacific.org/childparticipation/mongolia-children-s-future-light-on-disability.html http://encarta.msn.com/sidebar_631522231/customs_of_mongolia.html (mention of children and grandparents sharing sleeping accommodation).
3 :
Arzü how does a child learn about culture on the first yr of its life? common sense.







Read more discussions :