Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why do Mongolian Nomads have almost no Body Odor


Why do Mongolian Nomads have almost no Body Odor?
I spent three consecutive years in Mongolia and discovered that most Mongolians, living as nomads can go for many days, even weeks without a full bath or shower and not give off any body odor. This was not restricted to the very cold winter months, but also in hot summer months when a very hot day can reach +34C. The Chinese and Russians living across the border enjoy no such luck and like all 'normal folk', need to bath or shower frequently. Do not misunderstand me. Most Mongolians are very clean and bathe regularly, especially where they have become city dwellers, but even there, they have a extraordinary capacity to smell perfectly clean and fresh if they bath or shower only once a week.
Ethnic Cuisine - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
American Indians also have this tendency. Amazin', ain't it? So, uh, did you forget the question? .
2 :
It may be the diet since they don't traditionally eat very spicy food as you probably know. Although, if you eat the local food, you also become "immune" to the body odor around you as your body probably smells the same. I noticed that when I ate older mutton there that the mutton smell came through in my sweat. I never noticed it until I got back home to the US, then I could tell that I smelled somewhat different. But i think it has to do mainly with the diet. They also drink a lot of tea which may have something to do with it since teas has anti oxidants and maybe that helps reduce body odor.







Read more discussions :