Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Any experience sending a dog internationally on United Airlines in the winter? Certificate of Acclimation


Any experience sending a dog internationally on United Airlines in the winter? Certificate of Acclimation?
I will be traveling with my dog from Seoul to San Diego on November 23rd via United Airlines. I was told that UA accepted a Certificate of Temperature Acclimation in order to get my dog on the plane if the temperatures in Seoul are under 45F. (Avg is about 35-45F.) My travel agent then called and she was told that they will NOT accept the certificate. I am wondering what other peoples experiences have been with UA and how I can get them to accept my dog if temperatures are under 45F. Also, who makes the final decision on whether my dog flies or not? (No one at UA seems to know.) I currently live in Mongolia and the temperatures here will be about 20 degrees colder than Seoul so I KNOW she can handle the temperature- but that doesn't matter, it's a matter of convincing the airlines. Any advice would be great including information on sending her as cargo from Seoul. I already got a quote for over $1,300 and that is just ridiculous! Thanks To answer some questions: I have to take United Airlines because of the stipulations of the particular grant that I am on- I have no choice. My dog is a mutt- but she is probably closest to being a black labrador.
Dogs - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes meQ
2 :
Ok just for the record UA is the worst for animals...they have many problems with they way they treat the animals...also you forgot to tell us what kind of dog...if it is a dog with a long snout the temperatures are different than the smaller or no snout dogs...so the temperature difference is huge in between those types of snouts...we brought a pug form the US to Italy and the temp difference was different than our mastiff...the max temp was 75f for the pug and 85f for the mastiff just because of the snout..I will say we went with American Airlines Cargo...and they were wonderful...we took him there the night before because in DFW they have their own kennels and for a fee they made sure everyone of his certificates were up to date and we had no snags!! It might help to call AA Cargo!






Read more discussions :