Sunday, November 7, 2010

Visiting Mongolia. What can I expect


Visiting Mongolia. What can I expect?
I'm planning to visit Mongolia next summer and I'm really curious what I can expect to see. I'll be in the capital city volunteering at the vet clinic there, but I'll be living with a host family so I'm curious how most people live. I'm also curious what the temperature is like since I know Mongolia is a cold desert. If you could tell me anything else about Mongolia I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
Other - Asia Pacific - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
cracked out asian people
2 :
Hi! Mongolia is classified as a Lower Income Country. In the capital city of Ulan Bator, amenities and infrastructure are good by world standards - and most of what you need can be found in groceries and supermarkets there. There are also sights there dating from the Soviet occupation, like buildings with exciting architectural designs. The temperature in July in Mongolia is a cool 16 Celsius, while the Gobi Desert can reach 40 Celsius (-16 Celsius in winter). Most Mongolians who live in the city live in Soviet-style apartment flats, with ample heating and space and largely filled up only by the essentials. Mongolians are hospitable people and do expect to be showered with gifts. Well, Mongolia once had the largest continuous world empire - the Mongol Empire, found by Genghis Khan. You can visit his birthplace in Beluun Doldog. Likewise, you can continue onward to visit the dinosaur archaeological findings there. http://www.welcome2mongolia.com
3 :
MONGOLIA the land of NOMADIC PEOPLE (Northern Asia) nice country... try it.. coz i cant try it. just email me when youre there... thanks
4 :
MAATTT T good ans






Read more discussions :