Saturday, July 14, 2012

What are my chances of being admitted into Rice University


What are my chances of being admitted into Rice University?
Although I know there is NO set formula for getting into college, let alone a competitive one... I would like to see how I stack up against other students. Yes, I have looked into collegeboard.com but they provide statistics based on your test scores and academic rigor.. I would like to get opinions on how likely I will be accepted based on everything that I encompass. Here are my statistics: - Top 2% in my graduating class (Ranked 2-3) - 4.6 GPA - Class president - 31 ACT Score (plus writing) - 2100 SAT Score (no subject tests) - Officer in 4 other clubs - Dedicated to the same 6-7 clubs for over 3 years. - Student Council (President) - YESS Mentoring (Mentor middle school 3 hours per week) - National Honor Society (Vice President) - Rotary Interact Club (Former Vice President) - Mongolian Club (Student Rep.) - China Club (VP) - Students in Community Organizing - PeaceJam - UNICEF Club - Model United Nations Club - Student Board Representative for Denver Public Schools - Student Representative for the Collaborative School Committee - Qualified for National Merit Scholarship due to my PSAT score - I live in Colorado and Rice is in Texas - I am a minority (South-East Asian) - Chosen to attend trips to: - Student exchange to Mongolia and China - United Nations Day in NYC - Organized a service project to build homes in Juarez, Mexico - I live in Colorado and therefore would be an out-of-state student. - I attend an International School and am trilingual. - I took IB courses in 9th grade, all my classes since freshman year have been honors, I began AP classes in 10th grade. - I have taken AP US History, AP World History, AP Physics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP French, and AP Calculus. - I am a semi-finalist (most likely a finalist) for the most prestigious scholarship in Colorado. It is named the Boettcher scholarship is provides a full ride to any Colorado college for 4 years. If I get into Rice, I will reject this scholarship. Opinions, please?
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i just looked onto collegeboard's website at Rice's statistics and i honestly do not see why you would not be accepted, you have a good GPA,ACT score, and are very active in your school and community. have you applied yet? good luck!
2 :
RICE looks mostly at your classrank and GPA i think and don't weigh in too much on extracurriculars; you seem fine
3 :
Babe, you're going to "slam-dunk" Rice ;) HOW DO I KNOW THIS? REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE SO NERVOUS ABOUT BECOMING CLASS PRESIDENT, OR VICE-PRESIDENT WAS IT, YOUR JUNIOR YEAR? THIS WAS BEFORE I KNEW YOU AND YET 100% ALREADY KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO BECOME ANYTHING YOU WANTED TO BE. A girl who had always been inspired to work hard above all others and excel in high school to get into the Ivy Leagues, then decides to go to Rice University? Lol if my dumbass of a Political Science teacher could get into Rice, and he even admitted all he ever did was party and drink and barely studied, made B's and C's in high school, oh and he had no motivation in life but to become some shitty-ass college professor at the most ghetto university that I unfortunately and SADLY happen to go to and am currently failing his class because he can't teach if his life depended on it. This guy is a joke. I also know other people who went to Rice and they weren't nearly as involved or smart as you. You are highly involved and have traveled internationally ACROSS OCEANS AND OCEANS AND LANDS AND LANDS AND HAVE BECOME FRIENDS WITH THE MIGHTY MONGOLIANS OF THE FAR EAST. This is above and beyond important when out-of-state applicants want to apply to a university from another state. The college will look and see if you're going to be able to handle the new environment and if you will be able to adapt to the new atmosphere and if you're cut out for their standards. I know you definitely surpass all of this. Rice will love you just as much as you love eating rice.







Read more discussions :