Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Question About Chinese Mega-Divas, Wei Wei and Faye Wong


A Question About Chinese Mega-Divas, Wei Wei and Faye Wong?
OK, I finally got a chance to hear the Mandarin version of "Follow Your Dream," including the absolutely breath-taking final note in the song. This was the theme for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. As I understand it, and I may be totally mistaken, Wei Wei was not chosen to sing the song live at the opening ceremonies. If this is true, and many of her fans tell me that it is true, why wasn't she given the honor of performing at the opening? I know that she is also a very ardent Chinese nationalist, very proud of China...but I also know that she is originally from Mongolia. And, of course, she was married to an American and lived in Atlanta, Georgia for many years. Was she not allowed to sing because of her Mongolian heritage or some other political issue? ...or were there other factors. ...and, please consider me the newest fan of this absolutely astounding vocalist. It is also my understanding that Faye Wong is NOT permitted to sing the song "In The Name Of False Love" in Mandarin...and performs the song only in Cantonese for HK, Taiwanese, and Japanese audiences. I am wondering if this is true...and if so, why? I have been told that the song makes some reference to Opium, but I don't know that is true. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
China - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Weiwei from Mongolia and married to an American?...... You must be mistaken...... She was from Guangxi province and married to an European.






Read more discussions :