Sunday, April 1, 2012

I dont get it....road beggars


I dont get it....road beggars?
Im not a mean person, ofcourse I give pity to those who unfortunatly happen to walk in between traffic and keep begging car goers for money, I live in Toronto, Canada, and I see these individuals alot when Im on the bus or in the car etc, as much as i give pity, I also dont pity them, for gods sake I see grown guys who seem perfectly fit to atleast carry a part time job of carrying boxes or such and EARn money, and yet they beg, I say this becuase this is a society with so much oppurtunity, look at other countries, such as India or Mongolia, there you will find many many people lying in the street doing nothing but beg, now that I will pity, for theres really nothing for them, I would even give them all i got in my pocket eventhough knowing it wouldnt make a greater good anyway, anyways back to here, why do these people who are ABLE to do a job still beg? why cant they just step up and get a job? even if its the most mundane job, atleast they will earn some money right? some of u have mentioned these beggers, some of them atleast are simple scammers who get extra money for acting out as a peice of crap, this is sickening, now I dont know if I should pity at all, although perhaps, or inded there are MANy who just are hopeless.
Other - Society & Culture - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I agree
2 :
Well, because sometimes they make $30,000 plus a year. I'm sure there are people who are truly in need, but sometimes they're scammers who make more money that way.
3 :
well said
4 :
Believe it or not some of the scumbags that stand on a corner or intersection with a sign make 300-400 a day for being a piece of crap. When people stop feeling sorry for them and stop giving them money they will be forced to get a real job.
5 :
AMEN preach it brother there are SOOOOO many oppurtunites and there are people who actually choose to beg( some have mental problems and wont let their family help)
6 :
Well, I think maybe because they don't think that they can find a job or think that they are able to find one, or they don't know how to find one or something... Because if they do, they wouldn't be begging... Obviously they don't.
7 :
Let me tell you a story. Everyday I went to work there was this man on the highway with the ususal sign "Will work for food" and when I left work he was still there. (approx 8 - 9 hrs a day). People would stop and give money. One day I was late getting out of work and what did I see? This man walking around the corner and getting into his new car and driving off. Need I say more?
8 :
It's everywhere. I get that a lot where I'm from. Especially when you see a perfectly healthy woman standing begging for money than a few days later you see that person at the store buying makeup and dressed nice. I think that is terrible! Peddling off people That's embarrassing!






Read more discussions :