Friday, May 21, 2010

Hello, i have couple of questions about college cost


Hello, i have couple of questions about college cost.?
First of all, i am an international student who is from the Mongolia. I just moved to the Des Plaines, IL (around chicago). My old college is just done and i wanna transfer to here. I just treid to apply Oakton Community College but they said "You have to have an bank account in the USA with at least $17000". My parents live in Mongolia and they have an bank account like this money. The bank account is must be here in USA or i can use my parents account in Mongolia. I asked this question but they said no. I am confused, some people it is possible but some of them is no. Which one is correct.? Otherwise i am finding some sponsor or kind of support person who can help my ctuition. Do you guys know about this like a company or person who does this kinda job? Thank you I will pay tuition or college cost from the bank account with $17000 is what they said. Also this bank account has to be in American bank. How do you guys pay your or your child's college cost such as tuition and fee.. When you apply any college how about the cost?
Financial Aid - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
A bank account with $17,000.00? Or $1,700.00. Most America's do not have $17,000.00 in their bank account. And lots don't have a running balance of two grand. I have never heard of a community college asking what amount is in your bank account. Hmm don't think they are allowed to. My son's tuition comes out of our bank account automatically. Maybe they are asking if your tuition amount will be covered by your bank account. This just doesn't sound right. Is there an American friend who can go with you to the college? You need to sit down and have this explained to you again. Go to the college and ask for a meeting with someone from admissions.






Read more discussions :