Thursday, September 1, 2011

My son's wife was born in Mongolia and raised in Russia. He was born in the USA


My son's wife was born in Mongolia and raised in Russia. He was born in the USA.?
She came to the USA for certain reason's, and they met and married. I was recently visiting them which I do once a year, they live in a different state from me. I always give them money for Christmas and birthday's since I never know what to get them and being elderly I do not shop anyway. She never wants to take the money I give them, she thinks it is like charity for me to give the gift of money. I do not understand because it is not that much money. Is this a cultural thing? I have a grandchild by them also and that is another reason I give money since I never know what to buy.
Marriage & Divorce - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you tell them or here it is a coustom of people from the USA to give gifts and it doesnt matter if its money or a regular gift if it is denied it is like say to the person that gave such a gift that there gift is not worthy of them receving it
2 :
It may either be a cultural thing or a thing of pride. Since you have a grandchild and assuming that your son doesn't need the money to survive, why not put the money away for your grandchild's future? There are a couple of options that might fill the bill for you. Check with you local bank or credit union for something that will work.
3 :
I cant advise you on her culture but I can tell you, getting money as a gift to me and my kids have always been a cop out. Take the time to call her or your son and ask what they want or what they need. Place your order online you don't have to go out to the stores. How are you to even know who your grand-kids are or what they are interested in if you don't take the time to find out? I would rather have a candle that you bought with thought and care then $20. So impersonal.






Read more discussions :