Monday, May 14, 2012

Why won't my boyfriend introduce me to his parents


Why won't my boyfriend introduce me to his parents?
My boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months. About two months after we started dating, my lease to my apartment ended, and he offered to find a house for us, which I would live in until we are ready to go the next step and he moves in. He found a very nice house, and pays for everything at his own will, despite the fact that he doesn't live here. The relationship has been serious. We have talked about marriage and what we both want in the future. This was done before, and after moving in the house. We do not have sex, because we've decided to try to wait until we're married, although neither of us are virgins. He has been very respectful about this. HOWEVER, as serious as we are, he has not made a note of introducing me to his parents. He is 25, and I am 27. Neither have been married before, no children. He lives in another house still, in the same city, which he owns, and his mother, stepfather, and two sisters live in the house as well. They are all from another country, but we do not have diffrerent beliefs. I have met his father and one female cousin on one occasion, when my car broke, and I needed a ride to work, and he was unable to pick me up because he was in the middle of work. When I mention that he has not introduced me to his parents and that I think its strange, he brings up this one instance and says he did introduce me to his father, and that this is a very big step for him. He sais he has never introduced any girl he dated to his family, and never really had any serious girlfriends before me. Do you think he is having committment issues? Sometimes I think he is hiding me from his family, and this really hurts, because I am the type of girl he should be proud of. I don't know many people in this city where we live, because I moved here only about a year ago. We met at a party, and I have met only a couple of his male friends. I would really like to meet his mom and sisters, so I can spend time with them. He works around the clock, and I hardly get to see him, even though we talk every day. I have always been close to x boyfriends mothers and family, and am so baffled by this all. He and his family are from central asia (south of Mongolia) and speak in Russian. I also speak and understand Russian, and the culture as well because I grew up around it, so there would be no huge language or cultural barrier. What should I do? Is it too soon to be concerned? Opinions welcome.. I've ruled out that he has someone else, if anything, the other woman is his work. He works way too much to have time for another woman. Also, many women can become very demanding once you are involved with them, lucky, I give him a lot of freedom and space. I don't think most women could deal with the way he is, and he couldn't deal with them either. I am starting to really think he has intimacy issues with woman. I guess there are some men who have a hard time being very close with women on a certain level. I am just trying to be patient, and figure out the best way to approach him to get him to open up a little more. ....and no he is not Kalmyk...he is of Russian decent and blood, although he was born in the capital of Kyrgyz. Republic, and spent the majority of his life there.
Family - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
From personal experience, (and im a guy) he either has another girl that his parents currently know about, or he is embarrased to show you to his parents. ive been in both situations before, and that is my honest answer
2 :
Well... Tell him if he doesn't introduce you to his family that you are going to try to get with his father. Maybe he is embarassed because you're ugly
3 :
Rich Grant could be right.But here's another point of view.Maybe it's that he does not want you to meet them. As he is afraid that you will not like them and end up leaving him.My husband did not introduce me to his family before we married.Trust me I would not have married him had I met them first.
4 :
Well, it does sound strange and there could be any number of reasons. Have you introduced him to your parents? Why not ask him about introducing your parents to his parents? Maybe his culture is just different.
5 :
is he kalmyk?







Read more discussions :